For browsers on Windows computers, regardless of which browser you're using, you can quickly get to clearing browsing data by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete. For browser specific information see below.
For browsers on Apple / Mac OS computers, regardless of which browser you're using, you can quickly get to clearing browsing data by holding Command ⌘ + Shift + Delete. For browser specific information see below.
- Launch your Chrome browser
- On your browser toolbar, click on the 3 vertical dots and go down to Settings
- Go to the very bottom of the page and click on Advanced
- In the privacy and security area click on Clear browsing data
- In the Clear browsing data box, change the Time range drop-down to All time
- Make sure the basic tab is highlighted and the 3 boxes are checked
- Click Clear browsing data
- Restart your Chrome browser
- Launch your Edge browser
- Click on the 3-lined Hub button in the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Go down to Clear browsing data
- Click on Choose what to clear
- You will see the following items available:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Tabs I've set aside or recently closed
- Download History
- Form Data
- Media licenses
- Website permissions
- Launch your Firefox browser
- Click the menu button (the three vertical lines) and choose Options
- Click on Privacy & Security
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data...
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Restart your Firefox browser
- Launch your Internet Explorer browser
- Click on the Menu button (⚙️ cog wheel icon) at the top right of the screen
- Under the section named Browsing history click the Delete... button
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Restart your Internet Explorer browser
Safari 8.0 – 10.0 (Mac)
- Cookies: Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Manage Website Data
- Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears
- Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences
- Cache: In the Preferences window, click the Advanced tab and make sure the checkbox next to "Show Develop menu in menu bar" is selected
- Select Develop in the menu bar on the top of the screen and click Empty Caches.
- Restart your Safari browser